Here are some more inspirational first-lines for you to use as you bring a new story to life!
1. I wonder if I'm too old, he thought, gazing from his parlor window, for love.
2. His eyes were as blue silk, hair black as burnt cork, hands weathered and worn as old leather.
3. "I know who did it," he said, heart-pounding and voice wavering.
4. Nobody gonna love me now, she thought, daring to gaze at her reflection in the pond.
5. It may seem strange, but gunshots and screams can often go unnoticed.
6. She opened her eyes, only to discover a large, dripping tongue dangling before them.
7. What does it mean, she wondered, if you lose your wedding ring on your first anniversary?
8. "Chickens scare me," he confessed, "unless they're on my plate."
9. This could make a pretty good weapon, he realized, handling the cool rubber of the narrow cord.
10. Dread locks swayed against Armani-covered shoulders as he entered the room.